Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is an initiative by the Government of India. Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna the affordable housing will be provided to the poor peoples with a target of building 20 million affordable houses by 31 March 2022.
In order to empower people to get their dream home, honorable Prime Minister has announced a comprehensive and progressive mission, ‘Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Housing for All’ on 17 June 2015 that is monitored by Ministry of Urban Development.
Prime Minister Housing Scheme
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is a Scheme of the Government of India through which poor people living in Cities will be Provided Houses to suit their Purchasing Power. The Government has Identified 305 Cities and towns in 6 Sates in which these houses will be built.
How to apply for this PMAY Scheme?
Beneficiaries can apply for PMAY through the following:
- Online: Individuals can visit the official website of the scheme to apply online. They need to have a valid Aadhaar Card to apply. If you don’t have Aadhar Card then you can download Eaadhar Card instantly.
- Offline: Beneficiaries can apply for the scheme offline by filling up a form available through Common Service Centre (CSC). The price of these forms is Rs. 25 + GST.
|Prime Minister||Narendra Modi|
|Ministry||Ministry of Urban Development|
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna Gramin is a Rural run Scheme. The Scheme was launched on 25 June 2015. The Scheme aims to provide homes to all by 2022. for this, the Government will Construct 20 Lac Houses will be Constructed in slum areas and the remaining 2 Lakh Cities in Poor areas.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is divided into 3 parts
- The First Phase Started in April 2015 and has been finished in March 2017. Under this, houses have been constructed in more than 100 Cities.
- The second phase has started in April 2017 which will be completed in March 2019, in which the government has targeted to build houses in more than 200 cities.
- The third phase will be started in April 2019 and will end in March 2022, in which the remaining target will be met.
Features of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna
- The amount received under this scheme and the subsidy amount will come in the bank account of the direct candidate which will be linked to the Aadhaar card so that he can get full benefits of it.
- The pucca houses to be built under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana will be of 25 scar meter (about 270 scar fit), which has been given larger than before and was fixed to 20 scar meter (about 215 scar fit).
- The cost incurred in this scheme will be borne by the Central Government and the State Government. In the plains, the ratio of this amount to be shared will be 60:40 while in the three northeastern and Himalayan states, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand this ratio will be 90:10.
- The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana has also been linked to the Swachh Bharat Yojana, 12,000 rupees will be allocated separately under the Swachh Bharat Yojana for the toilets to be built under it.
- Under this scheme, if the beneficiary wishes, he can also take a loan of Rs. 70 thousand which will be without interest, which will have to be replenished in the installment form, which he has to apply by applying from various financial institutions. In Urban Chaitra, the candidate can take more than 70 thousand loans, which will be available on the very interest of fear of work. The loan category will be available according to LIG, HIG, MIG category.
- The scheme has also been linked to other schemes to deal with the entire facility such as toilets, drinking water, electricity, cleaning food, smokeless fuel, social and liquid waste.
Prime Minister Rural Housing Scheme
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ( Indira Awaas Yojana ) which was renamed from Indira Awas Yojana to Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in September 2014. The financial assistance provided to BPL families was increased from Rs 65,000 to Rs 60,000.
India Has a centrally sponsored housing construction scheme. The scheme is funded between the Center and the states in the ratio of 45:25. The center-state finance ratio for the North East states is 90:10. The scheme is 100% centrally sponsored for the Union Territories. The scheme was reconstituted in 19-2000 starting from 1985-7, under which free houses are constructed for the poor in the villages. Currently, 75 thousand rupees are given to rural families for the construction of houses. This amount has been fixed as 7.5 thousand in the troubled areas.
The scheme is only for Below Poverty Line (BPL) families. The money is released in the name of a woman in the house. An amount of ten thousand crore rupees has been allocated in 2010-11 on Indira Awas Yojana under Bharat Nirman.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) – Families with an annual income up to Rs. 3 Lakh.
- Low Income Group (LIG) – Families with an annual income between Rs. 3 Lakh and Rs. 6 Lakh.
- Middle Income Group I (MIG I) – Families within an annual income between Rs. 6 Lakh and Rs. 12 Lakh.
- Middle Income Group-II (MIG II) – Families with an annual income between Rs. 6 Lakh and Rs. 12 Lakh.
- Women belonging to EWS and LIG categories.
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Other Backward Class (OBC).
- In addition to the above, beneficiaries can avail the benefits of this scheme by meeting the following few eligibility criteria –
- He/she must not own a house to fulfill the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility.
- The individual must also not avail of the benefits of any other housing scheme by the State or Central Government.
The beneficiary in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- A beneficiary family will comprise of husband, wife, unmarried sons and/or unmarried daughters.
- An adult earning member (irrespective of marital status) can be treated as a separate household.
How to check your name in PMAY 2019 Beneficiary List?
Those eligible for the scheme can check their name in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List by following these few steps:
- Visit the official website (https://pmaymis.gov.in/)
- Click “Search Beneficiary”.
- Enter the Aadhaar number.
- Click “Show”.