Delhi Police Recruitment 2020 – Get the latest Delhi Police Recruitment and related information like Jobs, Posts, Vacancies, Application, Online Forms, important Dates, Fees, eligibility, Physical Tests, Race Timing or more.
Delhi Police History
The Delhi Police an organized form of policing was established by the British after the first war of freedom of 1857, with the adoption of the Indian Police Act of 1861. Mr. D. W. Mehra became the first Chief of Delhi Police. The Delhi Police is the law enforcement agency for the National Capital Territory of Delhi (NCT).
In 2015, the sanctioned strength of Delhi Police was 84,536 (including I.R. Battalions) making it one of the largest metropolitan police forces in the world. About 25% of Delhi Police strength is earmarked for VVIP security. Delhi, being a part of Punjab, remained a unit of the Punjab Police even after becoming the Capital of India in 1912.
In the same year, the first Chief Commissioner of Delhi was appointed and was vested with the powers and functions of the Inspector General of Police. Delhi Police is currently under the Ministry of Home Affairs. The system of Police and administration on other states is under the state Government.
In the city there were three large police stations of Kotwali, Subzi Mandi and Paharganj. In the Civil lines, there was spacious police barracks where the Reserve, Armed Reserve and recruits were accommodated.
16 February 1948 that the first IGP of Delhi was appointed and the total strength of Delhi Police was increased by 1951. A post of Deputy Inspector General of Police was created in 1956. With the rise in the population of Delhi, the strength of Delhi Police kept increasing and in the year 1961. The Delhi Police Commission also recommended the introduction of the Police Commissioner system which was eventually adopted from 01 July 1978. Four Police districts namely, North, Central, South, and New Delhi were constituted. j. N. Chaturvedi with Rank of IGP became the first Commissioner of Delhi Police.
As of January 2019, Delhi Police has 15 Police districts with 178 ‘territorial’ Police Stations and 5 specialized crime units in Delhi. Today, Delhi Police is perhaps the largest metropolitan police in the world, larger than London, Paris, New York, and Tokyo. Delhi Police is divided into 12 branches under the commissioner of Delhi Police.
Ranks in Delhi Police
In Delhi Police under has 8 Special CP’s, 20 joint CP’s and 15 Additional CP’s followed by other sub-ordinates. The hierarchy in DP is as Follows.
- Commissioner of Police (CP)
- Special Commissioner of Police (Special CP)
- Joint Commissioner of Police (Joint CP)
- Additional Commissioner of Police (Additional CP)
- Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP)
- Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP)
- Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Additional DCP)
- Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP)
- Inspector of Police
- Sub- Inspector of Police
- Assistant Sub- Inspector of Police
- Head Constable
Delhi Police Recruitment – FAQs
The age of the candidate should be between 18 and 25 years for the post of Delhi Police Head Constable. For the OBC Candidates, maximum age relaxation of 3 years has been given in Delhi Police Head Constable recruitment.
The 12th passed candidates are eligible to apply for the Delhi Police Head Constable Recruitment.
There are 5 steps given below to become a police constable:
1. Application Process
2. Written Examination
3. Physical Examination
4. Certificate Verification
5. Medical Examination
1. The minimum height of male candidates of General Category should be 170 cm.
2. If you are a Delhi Police serving, deceased, retired police personnel, or son of Multi-Tasking Staff, then your minimum height should be 165 cm.
3. A male candidate should complete the 1600 meters race in 6 minutes whereas a female candidate should complete the 1600 meters race in 8 minutes.
In Delhi Police Recruitment 1600 meter race should be completed in 8 minutes for Women Candidates.
For Male Candidates 1600 meter race should be completed in 6 minutes to qualify in Delhi Police.
The height of male candidates should be 170 cm while the height of female candidates should be 157 cm for the Delhi Police recruitment.
The pay matrix or salary for the various posts in Delhi Police starts from Rs 22,500/- and will go up to Rs 81,100/- per month.
Delhi Police comes under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Government of India, and not the Government of Delhi & it’s Chief Minister (CM).
The Director General of Police (DGP) is the highest IPS post of the Police department in Delhi that is the highest rank holding policeman in the State.
The Delhi Police Headquarter is situated in New Delhi.
1. Before applying online candidates should have valid email id & mobile number.
2. Log on through the website www.delhipolice.nic.in.
3. Click on Recruitment.
4. Select the desired post & Click on it.
5. Fill all the details carefully & submit the form.
6. Take the print out of online application for future use.